PAIUTE MEADOWS TRAIL RUN
50K & 50K RELAY - 30K - HALF MARATHON - 4.5-MILE - 1-MILE KIDS' TRAIL RUN
MAY 13, 2023
Showcasing the BEST trails in the region!
A big time race with a small town feel!
elevation profiles50K Elevation Gain: 4,392 feetThe 50K course is comprised of approximately 25 miles of singletrack trails, approximately 2.5 miles of wider, less technical trails/other, and approximately 3.5 miles of logging roads. Technicality ranges from smooth surface, to grassy underlayment, to narrow, uneven, rocky and/or loose surface. During "wet" years, the water crossings are between miles 5 and 8. There is a drop bag station at mile 14.8 (Aid Station #3@ the start/finish area).30K Elevation Gain: 2107 feetRunners will follow the 50K course until Mile 13.8, at which time they will not come back to the start/finish checkpoint with the 50K runners, but instead will turn left at the Bagwell Creek Bridge on Stonewall Trail and follow the remainder of the Half Marathon Course.50K 2-PERSON RELAYThe 50K relay is a 2-person relay mimicking the 50K course, with the relay handoff happening at Aid Station #3, located back at the Start/Finish Line. Runner #1 completes all of the lower trails and runs through the Start/Finish line back at the main parking area, for a checkpoint/split time. After crossing the timing point, Runner #1 will hand their bib belt (relay baton) to Runner #2. Runner #2 then head out toward the upper trails (part 2 of the 50K course).Half Marathon Elevation Gain: 1510 feetThe half marathon course has a mixture of technicality ratings. Approximately 15% miles of the course is wide (>4'-wide) smooth trail. The rest is comprised of single-track, with grassy, smooth underlayment (10%) and rocky, and/or loose surface (75%). Much of the trail includes banked turns, and undulating climbs/descents. The final climb (Heart Attack Hill is 1.4 miles up to the checkpoint before descending the last 2.3 miles to the finish.4.5-Mile Elevation Gain: 364 feet
The 4.5-mile course circles around and through the lower meadows. While most of the climbing is gentle and slowly gradual, Coyote Bluff is the most distinct climb, coming at approximately Mile 2.6. There is one water drop on the course at mile 3. The 4.5-mile course is low in technicality, with some looser material present while descending from Coyote Bluff.
50k mAPHALF MARATHON MAP
Registration and packet pickup
Until january 31, 2023
February 1, 2023 - April 14, 202350K: $6550K Relay: $8530K: $60Half Marathon: $504.5-Mile: $35*Youth 14 & Under (All races): $2050K: $7050K Relay: $9030K: $65Half Marathon: $554.5-Mile: $40*Youth 14 & Under (All races): $25
**April 15, 2023 - May 12, 202350K: $8050K Relay: $10030K: $75Half Marathon: $654.5-Mile: $50*Youth 14 & Under (All races): $30
REFUNDS AND BIB TRANSFERS
- PACKET PICKUP IS FRIDAY, MAY 12 FROM 10AM UNTIL 6PM
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION CLOSES WEDNESDAY, MAY 10 AT 11:59 PM
- *Youth prices are for runners 14 years of age and under ONLY. Does not include 50K Relay.
- **There will be late registration on Friday, May 12 at Packet Pickup at the Susanville Historic Train Depot, 601 Richmond Road, Susanville, CA.
- There is no RACE DAY registration
- Parents/Guardians may register their child ( age 12 and under) for the 1-Mile FREE kids Run at packet Pickup on Friday, May 12 or on Race Day at Susanville Ranch Park.
- No refunds after 4/30/2023. All refunds will be pro-rated. Bib transfers may be done online until Tuesday, May 10@11:59 PM
5oK / 50K RELAY6:30 AM StartNO EARLY STARTSNO starts after 6:45 AM
50K CUT OFF TIMESThe 50K and 50K Relay have a 9-hour cutoff time.10:30 AM (4 Hours) at Aid Station #4 at the bottom of the Heart Attack Hill climb
30K30K - 6:30 AM Start The 30K will run along with the 50K runners until mile 13.8 at the Stonewall Bridge where the 30K runners turn sharp left and follow the rest of the half marathon course.Runners on the course after 12:30 PM (6 hours) may continue at their own risk.
HALF MARATHONHalf Marathon - 7:30 AM start (no cutoff)
KIDS' RUN / 4.5-MILE1-mile Kids' Run - 8:00 AM start4.5-mile - 8:30 AM start
SWEAT CHECKSweat check is available for all runners at the Start/Finish Line area next to the 50K Aid Station. 50K runners may also use this area for drop bags.
fun times at the ranch!
flowers at the ranch
NOTE: Water Drop #2 is now the Heart Attack Landing Aid Station. This is the Turn around checkpoint for the 30K and the Half Marathon. Aid Station #3 at the Start/Finish Area is also the Relay Exchange Zone for the 50K Relay.
- We have a total of 7 Aid stations, 3 of which are used twice.
- Expect Hammer Nutrition Heed Electrolyte and gels, potato chips, Coca Cola, Mountain Dew, Ginger Ale, M&M's, oranges, bananas, and watermelon and similar items.
SUSANVILLE WEATHERIn May, temperatures can vary and are usually on the chilly side during the morning, ranging from 30 to 45 degrees at the start. The temps usually warm up to 69 to 83 degrees by mid-afternoon. The breeze kicks up around noon. The upper trails for the 50K are well-shaded, but since they are on the warmer side of the mountain, temps can get warmer up there. We provide a bin at the bridge at Mile 1.75 in case runners want to shed a layer after warming up. Runners can pick up their items at the Sweat Check area at the finish line.
lodgingDiamond Mountain Casino and Hotel is only 1/2 mile from the start line and they usually offer a special room rate for runners. Additionally, Comfort Inn and Suites which is 4 miles from the start offers special room rates and late checkout/showers for runners. Please call the respective hotel desks for reservations. For more information on lodging in Susanville, please click here.
- Overall awards for the 50K, 30K, Half Marathon, and 4.5-Mile race are for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Men and Women.
- The 50K Relay has awards for 1st and 2nd place in the Open Divison (all male or combined team) and in the Women's Division. Both team members receive an identical award.
- The Kid's Race participants receive participant awards and goody bags.
age group awards
- The 50K offers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards to Men and Women in 10-year age groups.
- The Half Marathon, and 4.5-mile races offer 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards to Men and Women in 5-year age groups.
- For the 30K, we will award prizes depending on registration numbers, either in 5-year or in 10-year age groups.
Series Runner connects runners with great events. Runners get rewarded for accumulating miles. Runners simply register for their event, book their accommodations and start their challenge.
From within a partner race on the Series, runners can run locally or in another state to accumulate miles towards the new series challenge. Runners choose any event in any region to run physically or virtually, and all those miles add up towards the year end awards.